3.04.2009

Enough is Enough

I AM TIRED!!!

I am more than exhausted and people are telling me that I'm not doing enough. Hmm...let's analyze this:

I have recently completed my schedule where I can visibly see what it is that I have to do. And upon completion I realized that I have 4 hours during the time that I am at school where I have nothing to do as opposed to the 42+ hours where I am either in class, discussion section, work, or in a meeting of some sort. It is utterly ridiculous that our community is so limited where you have the same people doing everything. As a black student at UCLA we are faced with so many obstacles that we try and tackle them all at the same time while neglecting our foundation. My saying is, "You can try and save the world if you want to, but if your home is falling apart, who is gonna help you achieve your goals?" TAKE CARE OF THE BASICS. We as a community are stretched until there is nothing left. And for a lot of people...they end up leaving the black community after being asked to plan this event for 200 people, be in this show, come volunteer for this thing, work here, don't fail your classes, go to office hours, make sure you study...ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! So when people start to disappear or avoid you on the walk...I can now understand why.

DAMMIT...I am no one's superwoman...I too am human with human emotions and human capabilities. I can't be expected to do it all. No wonder I was depressed...this shit is fa real about to run me ragged.

No comments: