3.07.2009

I'm up

It's a little after 5 in the morning and I'm up...I'M FUCKIN UP!!! I've been up since 2:00. I can't seem to sleep because this damn sickness of mine won't allow me to. I have a headache that is of Satan and mucus that is causing my air passages to become restricted. I lie under the covers and i get hot; I remove them and I get cold. There is no winning in this situation. So here's what I've been up to since sleep decided that it was gonna bypass me for the rest of the time.

At 2:00 I watched...okay...I don't remember exactly what I watched . At 3:00 I ate red velvet cake with cherry limeade as I watched the last hour of Clueless and flipped between Tru Confessions on the Disney Channel. (This is a great movie that to this day makes me a little misty eyed). But because its the Disney Channel, it ended at 4:35. So from 4:35 to 5:00, I watched Soulplayer on VH1 Soul where I reminisced with Alicia Keys' "You Don't Know My Name". Now at 5:21, I am watching All Of Us on the controversial, racially filled word: NIGGA. This is the episode where Bobby is playing Go Fish with his white friends on his birthday and yells "Go Fish, NIGGA". On the flip side, Family Matters is about when Carl kills Steve's beetle and Steve takes him to citizen's court.

I've noticed some odd things at this hour via Facebook. Like these videos that people are uploading (and I won't say no names). They're funny, but when is enough, enough? And why do people change their picture like every other day? And why is it that we have more Facebook friends than we do in real life? I mean...I have well over 600 people on my friends list. But I don't even like all those people soooo whyyyyyy are they still there?!?!? Hell if I know. Is it because I don't want to hurt their feelings by deleting them? But why would it matter if not really friends anyway.

So here is what I've learned by 5:31 a.m.: 1) I need to delete people off my friend's list. 2) I may start doing video journals of my own. 3) Facebook is a way to offset boredom but that does not omit the fact that you are in my newsfeed every blessed day. 4) If I'm ever awake at 2 in the morning and am not asleep by 3, I will take some medicine, sick or not, so I can fall asleep.

No comments: