3.05.2009

Untitled

Unrequited emotion

Lack of reciprocity

Same message

And I just can’t seem to get through

It’s you that I sought

You that I wanted

I called, I text

And still no response

So I hopped in my car

Drove past your house

I just wanted to see if your car was there

Went by your job

They told me you were gone

I just wanted to say hi

I called, it rang twice

Then went to voicemail

Why are you ignoring me

And then I get that

Magical…

Text message

How romantic

Only to realize it was a forwarded message

That you got from one of yo friends

But my heart still skipped a beat

Cuz at least you remembered I still exist

TWO WEEKS LATER:

I wonder if he still likes me

I swear I thought we had something going

Granted you only respond to one text message a week

But at least you responded

You called me while I was in class

And of course I couldn’t answer

But at least you called

You know what…never mind

Fuck that and fuck you

I’m starting to lose myself in a possibility that never existed

I could’ve been your good thing

Your wake-up-in-the-morning-smiling-cuz-I’m-yours-queen

Your damn-I’m-having-a-bad-day-but-when-I-see-my-girl-it’ll-be-all-better

Know what I mean

But fuck it…its your loss

You probably couldn’t handle it anyway

No comments: