2.01.2009

My Declaration

"Tight Like Spandex" and I were talking yesterday and I was telling her about the ring that I bought as a promise to myself that I deserve better in life. {sidebar: the ring is absolutely beautiful. It is two hearts connected to symbolize infinity.} I told her that she too deserves better in life. After she told me she can't afford a ring (this is before I told her I paid $13) she said that she was going to write a letter and give a copy to me and her BFF. I thought to myself that would be a good idea because there is something tangible to look at and say, "NO MORE". So to everyone out there who has been used by people you never thought you'd be used by, who have had horrible romantic relations with the opposite or same sex, who have bad relations with family members, who have had one bad thing after another happen, make a declaration and tell yourself NO MORE.

I, "Beautifully Broken", hereby make the following declaration:

  1. I will no longer put myself into situations where I allow myself to get hurt
  2. I will no longer allow myself to be used by friends, lovers, or family
  3. I will acknowledge my faults and apologize whenever I hurt someone
  4. I will not hold on to people who don't deserve to be in my life
  5. I will not allow other people's behavior cause me to have an emotional shut down
  6. I will regard myself with the highest esteem because no one can love me like I love me
  7. I will not be the type of person who uses others in order to accomplish something or prove a point. I vow to mean what I say, and say what I mean
  8. I will work on no longer being passive aggressive
  9. I will be honest with myself and with others
  10. I will always be there for those who have been there for me
I vow to become a better person. I can no longer harbor space for people who are not on the same track as me. Its time we all step our game up and do better. This is my declaration and I vow to stand by it, so help me God.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice blog, chk me
out some time
have a great weekend and chk my rawdawgbuffalo

belle âme said...

ii so agree nneks!! this is juss whaa yooh need mayne. eff thee bs