10.21.2009

Where does it come from?

Him: Wats up
Him: Good Morning
Me: Good morning
Me: how are you
Him: good
Him: what u doin
Me: I'm in class
Him: you should come pick me up
Me: Nope
Him: lol y
Me: cuz I have stuff to do
Him: I wanna taste that

DID I MISS SOMETHING?!?!? Was that supposed to be a turn on or some reason to actually make me drive out to Pasadena and see your no goal setting ass? When did sex become a pick up line?

Or is it me? Maybe I grew up watching shows where men actually courted the women they liked. YES...I said courted. Is it wrong for me to expect a man to be interested in me and not how quickly they can lay me? And they wonder why women claim there are no good black men around. What ever happened to good conversation that was just that, good conversation? Why must the concept of good conversation lead to sex in some way. EXAMPLE:

Me: hey...how was your day
Him: It was cool. My car's in the shop
Me: what happened
Him: the transmission went out
Me: that blows...you sound like you could use a hug
Him: I'm single. I need ass...not no hug. lol

I apologize if I offered a hug. Maybe that sent the wrong implications. Oh wait...I was being cordial. Just like my mama raised me to be. As if the "lol" was to soften the blow of him lowkey implicating that he wanted to have sex. Seriously...what happened to the men who took the time to get to know you. And you looked forward to the phone call where he just wanted to see how your day went and mean it? As opposed to seeing how your day went to determine your mood to see if he could come over later.

Hey...I'm talking to all the men out there. If you have done this, STOP IT!!! It's not sexy, its not a turn on, and you look foolish. Now if this is not you, tell a friend how to act if you know someone like this.

*SIDE NOTE* The examples used in this blog are real. They have really happened to me. The first conversation is a different guy used in the second conversation.

No comments: