10.20.2009

Epiphany

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have never been one to enjoy working out. My idea of exercise was walking from my car to class and back. So as of lately, I have been doing morning run/walks on the beach and today I finally hit Marina del Rey. Yes ladies and gentlemen, from Dockweiler to Marina del Rey. I felt so inspired to keep going but I was on a time schedule. But I had an epiphany this morning. My goal is to get my life right. Not so much to lose weight but to be right. High blood pressure and diabetes run in my family and I'll be damned if I fall victim to such preventable diseases. But in the midst of me trying to get my life right, I'd be remiss if I didn't take care of all aspects of my life. Simply put, its time for me to deal with certain people in my life that I chose to right off. Its not fair to me or to them to just completely disregard them as if they never existed.

For them, its a sudden drop of a ball. No communication for no reason. As much as I like to believe that I don't care, and to a certain extent...I don't. In actuality, I don't like to leave books unfinished. For me, I continue to dwell on these things until they no longer invade my thoughts. This only works when you can totally avoid the person. In my case...some things are inevitable. So its time to take a visit to my past and deal with the things, mainly people, that I have chosen to ignore. I pray for strength, humility, and patience because this is not going to be easy. I have had an anger issue for as long as I can remember and I have grown but it remains repressed until I have reached a breaking point. So in due time (hopefully before the new year), I am going to confront all the things that have caused an issue in my life.

No comments: