1.25.2009

If only he knew...

What we had
I thought you treasured
They said
You were my guilty pleasure
But where we are
Now I can measure
That what we had
You never treasured

Never was your physical
Because I loved your personality
Could care less about status
Because I love your drive
Always undescribable
Your presence undeniable
Sometimes unreliable
Your love incompliable

Your lies left me hungry
Your jokes fed my soul
Your warmth kept me smiling
But your distance was so cold
I never knew anything
But always quite enough
Wanted to see the truth in you
But never called your bluff

My girls said
If you fuck him things might get better
Didn't wanna lie to myself
You always made me wetter
Reality drifted in
Because I'm supposed to see
Your presence in my life
Is much more deep

Or so I thought
I kinda feel played
I wanted you to be different
Nothing more than ideas I made
I've done all
That I can do
So at this point in my life
I wash my hands of you

No comments: