8.02.2010

Here comes my childhood




I had the most amazing day of my life yesterday. As we get older, I believe we hold on to the memories of our youth as if it were something of the past. Forgetting, that its okay to relive the events of our youth.

With that being said, I went to the park yesterday. Yes...the park. I had a picnic with my friend Eberechi before I had to make a speech at a scholarship award dinner. We had fruit, water, a blanket and music. Topped with tarot readings and good conversation. After the I made the speech, we went back to the park and did the unthinkable...we got on the swings.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am afraid of heights. So we're swinging...I got a little to high and it scared the shit out of me. I looked down realized that I was too high to jump and started screaming and laughing all at the same time. It was exhilarating and so reminiscent of my youth that I want to do it again. [So for any of you out there who would like to go play in the park...holla at me].

I'm going on the record to encourage everyone to do activities that you did when you were younger. Go to Chuck E. Cheese, play those quarter/one token games, and play in the ball pen. Go to the park, play on the swings, get a group of friends and play tag. I for one have decided to relive these events.

No comments: