3.28.2010

The Culmination

As some of you may know, I gave up sex for Lent. That's right...for forty days and forty nights, I forewent sex. Lent is the season where you either give up something or acquire a good habit. It's a time for thought and reflection into the type of person you want to be. So this year, I gave up sex in hopes that it would allow me to focus on other aspects of the male species. Don't get me wrong, I'm not loose like some people I know. But sex was not interesting because that's all there was. No real relationship, just based on needs...with the exception of my last relationship.

So what now? Today is Palm Sunday and officially the last day of Lent before entering Holy Week. After 40 days, I am yearning for what I have been without for forty days. But I can't go back to what I was doing before Lent. It's not who I want to be, and not a habit I want to get back into. All in all, I think this was the best thing for me. No more using men just for sex. Now I know I can actually put into habit that sex should come with meaning and not just be some casual affair between two people.

Some people doubted my ability to be able to make it these 40 days. but I showed those suckers!! LOL. But I'm glad I did it. I definitely was skeptical but it was well worth it.

No comments: