7.08.2009

I don't like it unless its brand new...

So as of lately...I've been hitting up the poetry spot at the Starbucks in the Ladera Center. I've been moved to complete a piece and get up and perform it. But if you didn't know...let me tell you...I HAVE STAGE FRIGHT. Yes ladies and gentlemen...I have performance anxiety. Throughout my blog, you will find various poems that I have done. And every Wednesday that I attend the poetry reading...something in me wants to get up and perform one of my pieces, yet another part of me gets so anxious that I freeze up and decide to bypass the opportunity to share a piece of myself with others.

So I question...what's the problem? Is that I'm afraid to just get up and speak or is it that I'm afraid to share a part of myself with people I don't even know? Or is it a combination of both? Only God knows and only time will tell...

1 comment:

Christian said...

Hello dear...u know u better get ur ass up there and do a little sumptin sumptin!